Day 2 #NationalApprenticeshipWeek
Working as an apprentice at Add People offers a plethora of opportunity & a kickstart into your career! Here I have compiled areas which I regularly develop during my day to day life here.
In particular, the ones which resonate the most to me are:
1) Critical Thinking – Being able to evaluate a situation and conclude the best possible resolution is a regular scenario at Add People. Whether it’s prioritising your workflow or deciding how to go about advertising a business, making the best judgement in any situation is definitely a skill I have been picking up here.
2) Organisation – Organisational skills are a must for regulating your workflow & completing your tasks effectively. From day 1, I have found myself filling out my calendar & planning my workflow to meet deadlines.
3) Commercial Awareness – From shadowing different areas throughout the business, I have picked up how the business operates effectively in each area to remain ahead of the competition.
4) Experience – Throughout my apprenticeship, I have gained a large amount of experience in a multitude of fields within the business. I have picked up knowledge of business etiquette & become far more mature since college!
5) Perseverance – Since I had no prior direct experience with Google Ads, I had a lot of training at the beginning of my apprenticeship to get me up to speed. Since this was completely novel to me, I found myself making mistakes and things didn’t click. However, through sticking with training & learning from my mistakes, I began to gain a real understanding and passion for digital marketing.